Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The "C" Word

So apparently there is this unwritten rule in college about consistent hookups. And this is the rule, as I have figured it out ...

" Never, NEVER mention, hint at, show a guy that you are aware, that you care, it makes you happy, you feel content, with the fact that you guys have hooked up more than a dozen times, and never ask them about other girls"

The thing about Consistency in college is that its very wishy washy, because maybe its only consistent because he lives in your dorm and its convenient that night or maybe its because theres no one else that interests him that particular night or maybe its even because he likes gettin' down with you, but the bottom line is that every weekend it changes and you will never know the exact reason. And ladies, a word of advice no matter how much it kills you, don't ask, because it will bite you in the ass.

Take for example my little situation with Mitch, I started to get attached when there were too many questions left unanswered which made me feel insecure about our relationship (if you can even call it that). I was also curious about what else he was up to, and so I would ask around, maybe too much, which ultimately became my downfall.

Scientific Explanation:
 As humans we are drawn to mystery, its intriguing, and its a bit of a rush encountering something we are unsure of, its not safe and so it makes it that much more x-citing. With Mitch, I never could predict what he would do next, it was so up and down that when it was up, it was so hot and steamy because I hadn't expected it, like a pleasant surprise. And when it was down, I realized how much I missed the "up" part of our little friendship which is where the attachment came.

BOTTOMLINE: No matter how many times you hook up with someone, no matter how consistent it may feel. In college, unless you are in a committed relationship, this is not so. Sorry, Charlie.

Stay Tuned. Stay Classy,
eM

No comments:

Post a Comment